Plant Steroids Aid The Immune System
Plant fats are present in every single
plant. Known as sterols and sterolins,
these were first identified in 1922.
These fats are chemically very similar
to those of animal fat, but are totally
different in their biological
functions. In nature, these plant fats
are tightly bound to the fibers of the
plants, and for this reason they are
difficult to digest and absorb. Raw
seeds and cold pressed nut oils are
moderate sources of these plant fats.
Dr. Patrick Bouic at the University of
Stellenbosch in South Africa has done
extensive research on plant sterols and
sterolins. Bouic found that these
substances decrease the inflammatory
response in autoimmune diseases, while
at the same time inhibiting the
antibody reaction against the body's
How Sterolins And Sterols Work
- Help correct the imbalance causing
autoimmune disease at the source.
- Inhibit the damaging effects of
antibodies attacking the body.
- Enhance natural killer T-cell activity
which fight viruses, fungi and
- Decrease the T2-helper cells that cause
inflammation and tell body when to
increase antibody production.
- Increase T1-helper cells that attack
viruses, bacteria and cancer cells and
tell the body when to stop producing
- Balance the ratio between T1-helper
cells and T2-helper cells.
- Autoimmune diseases like lupus and
- Type I diabetes.
- Chronic fatigue syndrome.
- Benign prostatic hyperplasia.
- To offset side effects of cancer
treatments such as chemotherapy and
How To Take
- 60mg of a blend of sterols and
sterolins one or twice a day.
- Called Moducare in English speaking
countries and Harzol in Germany.
- May take two capsules three times a day
for loading dose first week only.
- Best taken on an empty stomach.
- One or two capsules twice daily.
- No side effects.
- Safe for pregnant and nursing moms.
- Safe for infants and children.
- Children under 5 one capsule per day.
- Children 5 to 12 can take 2 capsules
- Four to six weeks to develop full
The Immune System Cure by Lorna Vanderhaeghe
and Patrick Bouic
(Prentice Hall, 1999).